Kingdom Hearts Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Kingdom Hearts fans.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Road Trip ~ By Jessie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessie
Helper
Jessie

Road Trip ~ By Jessie Empty
PostSubject: Road Trip ~ By Jessie   Road Trip ~ By Jessie EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Prologue
Road Trip ~ By Jessie Conver10
"Flynn! Chelle! Are you guys packed?" Called Evie from the bottom of the stairs. Flynn's black Converse appeared and thumped down the wooden steps, bringing with them, Flynn himself carrying a hold-all. "Ready!" he said, dropping the bag on the smooth wooden floorboards. "Where's Chelle?" Evie asked, tapping her foot. "I dunno? She's not up there!" Flynn said, squeezing past Evie and heading into the kitchen. Evie groaned and ran up the stairs. "Chelle?" She called out, looking in the different rooms. "Where is she? I thought she came with you!" Evie's house phone began to ring. She thundered down the stairs and snatched it. "Hello?" She asked. "CHELLE!? WHERE ON EARTH ARE YOU?!" Evie yelled down the reciever. "Oh sorry..." She said, much quieter. "What do you mean you're not able to come? Broken leg? How? You fell down a dumb-waitor shaft?!" Evie repeated. There was a crash of metal-ware from the kitchen. "FLYNN!" Evie yelled, away from the phone. "Uhh... Nothing happened!" He replied quickly. "I'm so sorry Evie! The doctor said I'm going to have to rest. I can't come!" Chelle said, sounding upset. "I guess so... Well... Hope you get better soon!" Evie hung up. "FLYNN!!" She yelled. "What?" he said, emerging from the kitchen, munching on an apple. "Change of plan... Chelle has broken her leg... Looks like it's just you and me." "Sweet!" Flynn said, nonchalantly.

Chapter One

The sun rose in the early morning sky, washing the small village of Moose River in Maine with golden sunlight. All except a small few were sleeping. "FLYNN!! Are you ready? We are leaving in fifteen minutes!" Screamed a female voice. Flynn Rotherham groaned as he lifted his toned, tanned body off of the mattress on which he lay. He lived with two of his best friends, Evelyn Mitchell and Michelle Connors. The three of them had been planning a spectacular vacation; a road trip across the United States of America! However the day before they were due to leave, Michelle fell down a dumb-waitor shaft whilst cleaning it, at her great aunt's house in a nearby estate, and broke her leg. The doctors advised her not to travel so, reluctantly, she backed out.

Now where was I? Ah... Yes!

He groaned as he lifted his body off of the mattress on which he lay. He grabbed his un-set alarm clock and looked at the time. "Oops." He said to himself. He was supposed to be up 2 hours ago. His tired blue eyes shot open and he scrambled off of his bed. He sat up and shook his chestnut hair out of his face. He stood up and quickly made his bed, then he rushed into his bathroom and took a speedy shower. Five minutes later, he emerged, a fluffy white towel wrapped around him. He sorted through his chest of drawers to find clean underwear and grabbed a pair of jeans. He pulled them on, tripping over them as he hopped over to the closet to grab a checkered shirt. He flung it over his shoulder and grabbed some socks from his sock drawer. Pulling them onto his feet, he reached over to under his bedside table and grabbed his black Converse. Picking up his keys, iPod and cell phone, he rushed downstairs, his shirt still flung over his shoulder. He walked into the kitchen where Evie was just washing her plate and glass. She looked over her shoulder then quickly spun around. "FLYNN! PLEASE! I don't wanna see your abs!" She said, rolling her eyes. Flynn chuckled to himself and pulled on his shirt, neglecting to button it up. He grabbed a bowl and spoon and poured out some Froot Loops. "Firstly, how can you eat that sugary junk? Second, do you really have time to eat them?" asked Evie. "Dude... You sound like my mother!" He said, pouring milk on the cereal. "Don't dis the culinary genius of Toucan Sam before you try 'em!" He said, pointing the spoon at Evie, after he'd taken a mouthful. "And I'm a guy! I can down a bowl of cereal in a minute!" Evie rolled her eyes. Sure enough, a minute later, four minutes before they had to leave, Flynn had finished his cereal and Evie washed the bowl and spoon. Flynn went to put the luggage in his Porche 911 Convertible. "Chelle breaking her leg was a blessing in disguise!" He admitted to himself. "We don't have to take the old truck." Flynn ran back inside and brushed his teeth, Evie had already brushed hers. Then, at exactly 7am, they got into the car and started on their Road Trip across America!

Chapter Two

"How can you afford such an expensive car?" Asked Evie as the two friends set off on their adventure. The Porche convertible rode smoothly over the tarmac. Flynn was concentrating on the road ahead, and remained silent at Evie's questioning. "I mean... it's not like you have a job. No offence but you aren't exactly the most motivated person in the world." Flynn turned onto the US 201 S. "Did your parents buy it?" Once on the road, Flynn could begin answering the questions. "No... My folks didn't buy it. I bought it myself with the money I was left by my great-uncle. My folks said I could use some of the money to treat myself and since I'd already passed driver's ed. I thought I'd get myself a sweet ride." He explained calmly. "Oh." Evie said, feeling guilty that she had judged him. Flynn glanced over at his passenger. "Don't feel bad!" He said, placing his right hand on her left and giving it a squeeze. "I don't feel bad!" She replied, defending herself. "Evie... I've known you since kindergarten... I can tell when you feel bad!" Flynn continued driving towards Augusta, their first stop. "You nervous?" Evie asked, after some time. Flynn gave her a look which clearly meant 'huh?'. "You know... About this trip?" She explained. "Nah! It'll be fun! When something bad happens we'll deal with it." Flynn said, sounding carefree and relaxed, as usual. "When?!" Evie repeated. She was much more of a worrier. "Yeah... I mean... let's face it E... we are two... scratch that... we are one wild teenager, and one uptight spoilsport... something bad will happen! But that's the fun of it!" Evie didn't look convinced. "We're gonna die!!!" She moaned, shrinking into her seat. "We're not gonna die!" Flynn said, rolling his eyes. "We're gonna live! Better yet! We're gonna live life to the max! Adventure is calling our names! And we shall answer!" Flynn made a howling noise. Evie punched him playfully in the arm. "Come on werewolf! It's 9:15, we're here, and I'm hungry again!"

Last edited by Jessie on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Definitions: Dumb Waitor- one of those elevators for food)
Back to top Go down

Road Trip ~ By Jessie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kingdom Hearts Fans :: The Arts :: Writing Desk-
Jump to: